Understanding Europe’s new diversity: How can frontier research help Europeans live better together?
How can we shape a better Europe? That question has come into sharp focus – with Brexit, Catalonia, populism, migration, inequality, and other factors all challenging how people think about Europe. This event will debate how frontier research – in the social sciences and humanities – can help us understand and resolve these new social and political strains, and help shape how Europeans see themselves and their future together. Focus will be put on cities, democracy and migration.
This event is organised by Science|Business in collaboration with the European Research Council (ERC), in the frame of ERC=Science², an EU-funded campaign aiming to promote the research funded by the ERC.
To register, please fill this form.
- Jean-Pierre Bourguignon - President, European Research Council
- Claire Foulquier-Gazagnes, Policy Manager, Google Arts & Culture
- Clare Moody - Member, European Parliament
- Margarida Calafate Ribeiro, ERC grantee, Senior Researcher, University of Coimbra
- Valentina Vadi, ERC grantee, Professor of International Economic Law, Lancaster University
- Maarten van Ham - ERC grantee, Professor of Urban renewal, Delft University of Technology
- Barbara Weitgruber, Director General for Scientific Research and International Relations, Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy.
The event will take place in Brussels. Venue TBC.
For more information, please contact Natalia Grzomba at email@example.com