- November 14-19th: ERC=Science2 Stand Exhibition
- November 14th: Science Café with Susana Marcos, ERC Grantee and the Director of the Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab
- November 15th: Science Café November 16th: FabLab workshop
Public activity with the project stand
The stand will be installed in the hall of the Museum. This is one of the most engaged places of Parque de las Ciencias, as it is located next to the museum main entrance and any visitor can see it. In order to encourage people to visit the stand, a facilitator will guide the visitors through the sensory experience content and highlight the importance of the European Research Council in funding of research that is important for the development of science and technology and the well-being of the society.
The science café will be organized as an informal meeting between experts and public in a comfortable atmosphere. Three scientists including Susana Marcos, an ERC grantee, will be invited to present their works related to sensory experience during 10 minutes. After this presentation and during 20 minutes, the visitors can make any question and present their opinions and experiences. This activity is organized for approximately 100 people.
The Parque de las Ciencias’ education team will be in charge to manage the FabLab, which will be structured in two parts. First, the visitors will use the Myo bracelet. It is a portable device which permits to control the phone, personal computer, a.s.o. only with the movement of the forearm. The education team will also explain some of the main functions of this device such as the control of a prosthetic arm. Secondly, there will be a hands-on session using 3D print to make devices to amplify the senses.
Besides, Parque de las Ciencias will organize:
- Guided visits: The visitors will have the opportunity to know more about sensory experience with guided tours to the exhibitions and hands-on activities.
- Exhibition of anatomic models: People will learn about senses with anatomic models with which it will be explained how the human brain reacts to different sensory experiences.
- Workshop: Led by a facilitator, this interactive proposal in which participants will be able to learn more about proprioception.
Subscribe to read about Europe's next eureka moments!