You are here
Research at the Frontier: A public audience with Trinity’s ERC Awardees - Dublin, Ireland
Our world is complex and challenging. Frontier research seeks to address these challenges head on, in ambitious and novel ways. The “Research at the Frontier” event offers an exciting opportunity to meet some of Europe’s top researchers in a relaxed and entertaining event, as they discuss their cutting edge research and the impact that this has on the world around us, now and in the future. All the speakers at this event are funded by the prestigious European Research Council grant, and in the 10 years since the ERC was launched Trinity researchers have won 32 ERC awards, 12 of which are held by the SFI funded research centre AMBER.
Our six distinguished speakers include:
* Professor Valeria Nicolosi, the Head of the Characterisation and Processing of Advanced Materials, works on cutting edge nanomaterial science which underpins the development of micro-energy devices such as batteries and supercapacitors
* Professor Jonathan Coleman is the Chair of Chemical Physics in TCD and his research into nanomaterial based electronic inks is providing the foundations for the future of printable electronics
* Professor Danny Kelly is the Director of the Trinity Centre for Bioengineering and he will discuss his development of 3D bioprinting for whole joint regeneration which it is hoped can be used to treat osteoarthritis in the future
* Professor Aoife McLysaght, the Head of the Smurfit Institute of Genetics in TCD will discuss her research on gene duplication in evolution and disease
* Associate Professor in Social Neuroscience, Redmond O’Connell, is investigating the neural signals that underpin decision making in the human brain
* Professor Poul Holm is the Chair of Environmental History in TCD and he will discuss the cross over in his research between marine science and history, and specifically how fisheries contributed to environmental and societal change in the North Atlantic
This is not a ticketed event and there is no need to register.
Subscribe to read about Europe's next eureka moments!